Bitfunx GDEMU Optical Drive Simulation Board V5.15b
Ships to UK and most other Countries.
Give your Dreamcast the power to play any game from any region with this GDEMU upgrade, replace your old or failing optical drive with this optical drive simulation board, Add your own SD card and .gdi images and enjoy classic, homebrew, translation patched games and more. Multi disc games are supported by using the little button on the board to switch discs.
We highly recommend purchasing our GD EMU Remote SD Card kit to enjoy hassle free access to your SD Card and improve the airflow from the missing optical drive.
Buy both a GDEMU and a GDEMU Remote SD Card kit and get 5% off your order. Use GDEMUKIT at the checkout.
- The new GDEMU optical drive simulation board, replace your optical drive with this high speed SD card interface.
- Easy installation, fitting the GDEMU requires no modification to the machine board.
- Can easily be removed if you wish to return your unit to stock.
- 100% game compatibility, perfect running original GDI image, and compatible with CDI image.
- No need for custom BIOS or other modifications.
- Plug'n'Play solution.
- Great when used with our GDEMU SD Card Extender.
- NOTE: You will need to supply your own SD Card & GDI images if not buying an SD card bundle.
- SD Card shown for reference only, included card will be of listed capacity.
- We do not have a list of included games on each card.
- Quantity of titles with SD Bundles: 8GB = 6, 16GB = 12, 32GB = 20, 64GB = 45, 128GB = 88
**IMPORTANT** Only suitable for VA1 motherboard Dreamcast's.
There are many guides on the net about installation and how to check which Dreamcast model you have, please check before purchase. Typically VA1 units should have a 1 in a circle as seen on the image below.
There are three known Dreamcast variants:
- VA0 – early production
- VA1 – ~99% of all consoles
- VA2.1 – late production
NOTE: VA0 and VA2.1 are NOT compatbile with GDEMU. While it can be installed inside VA0 model and will appear to work, it is not safe and will eventually result in damage to the device and/or console itself. VA2.1 models changed the optical drive system and there is no possibility to fit the GDEMU in these.
Additional Images & Videos
No additional images.
No additional resources for this product